Unfortunately the days of “working crystal balls” has long gone by, leaving the decision up to each individual and/or family.
There is no way to predict whether or not your pet will need it. There is a “Pet Accidental Insurance” which covers specific accidents only and carries a lower premium.
Some companies will allow you for an additional fee to add a wellness and prevention rider which will cover such things as diagnostic screenings, spay or neutering, heartworm tests, parasite tests and many more things. All for an additional fee, of course.
If you have a breed of dog/cat that has known hereditary problems be certain that those conditions are not excluded in the policy.
If your pet has a pre-existing condition (like in human insurance) it will not be covered. Some insurance companies will allow a condition, if you can prove that it has been cured to be covered again in the new policy.
Pet insurance policies usually cover 80% of the incurred costs with you paying the other 20% plus the deductible.
In cases of a sudden or serious illness these policies are a god-send, covering the largest part of the medical expense.
If you can afford the premiums they afford you peace of mind knowing you can give your pet the best of care.
In closing, keep in mind most policies do not cover routine care as normal coverage, the routine stuff we do every year is usually covered with an additional rider and a premium price.
Last, but not least do some research on the “track record” of the company you are considering.
Your state has an insurance commissioner’s office. It is worth the time to call and check to see if the company you are considering has any complaints or other issues against it.
Hind sight is wonderful, but expensive some times. Look before you leap and/or buy.
For more information about the types of pet insurance coverage that is available, may I suggest you visit My Pet Cover
and learn about the different types of pet insurance, along with other interesting articles concerning pet insurance.
Keeping your pet healthy and well fed is one way to cut down on veterinary bills, here is a good source. All the information related to pet supply and latest pet food can be found at eukanuba dot com. They even deal with pet gifts.
Samsung 32" LCD HDTV with Digital Tuner, LNT3232HX